DESTINAZIONE FVG 2020-2021
Do you want to live a wonderful experience to rediscover
your Italian roots and visit the land of Friuli Venezia Giulia?
The new project of Efasce is starting now: Destinazione FVG!
Opening entries: 7 September 2020
Closing of entries: 23 September 2020
Entry form here: https://forms.gle/XEVKN4PeSuvpSk738
Italian language online course (basic/intermediate level) and regional culture.
Cultural stay and visit in Friuli Venezia Giulia in 2021.
How does this project work?
Destinazione FVG – FIRTS PHASE
- Course begins: 5 October 2020;
- Course ends: 27 November 2020;
- 8 recorded video lessons [10-15 mins each/1 per week] that you can take whenever you want;
- 8 live lessons [60 mins/1 per week] on scheduled dates and times convenient for your time zone.
After confirmation of registration you will receive the options to schedule days and times for the live lessons. If you miss the live feed with the teacher, you can always log in later to watch the lesson;
- 30 minutes a week of tests and tasks, to be done at your convenience;
- 2 mid-term tests and 1 final exam;
- Focus on topics with video interviews on: cooking, food and wine, nature and more;
- Certificate of completion.
Destinazione FVG – SECOND PHASE
Cultural stay in Pordenone of 10-12 days where you can rediscover the land of your ancestors and visit all the historical, artistic, landscape and gastronomic beauties of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region.
When: dates to be defined – possibly 17 – 26 July 2021.
You will visit: Pordenone, Spilimbergo con la Scuola del Mosaico, i borghi di Frisanco e Poffabro, la Valcellina e il Vajont, la pedemontana, Aquileia, San Daniele, Trieste con il Castello di Miramare, Venezia and more. The programme will be defined by spring 2021.
Who is the course Destination FVG for?
Descendants of Friuli Venezia Giulia emigrants from 30 years of age and over, who wish to participate in both phases of the project: Italian language online course + cultural stay in Friuli Venezia Giulia in 2021.
Can I only participate in the first phase?
- Not for now. We plan to activate other editions of the Italian language course at the beginning of 2021.
I already know Italian, can I only participate in the second phase?
- No. However, you can apply to be placed on a waiting list for possible waivers.
Do I have to already know Italian for the first phase?
No, you don’t. You just need to know a few words or simple sentences. (Buongiorno; buonasera; come stai?; che tempo fa oggi?; oggi c’è un bel sole ma ieri ha piovuto).
Can my relatives participate in the second phase in 2021?
- Yes! The second phase is reserved for co-regionals who have passed the class in the first phase + a maximum of 2 family members (adults or minors).
Do I have to decide now who will come with me in 2021 to Friuli Venezia Giulia?
- No, just indicate in your application form the number of family members you estimate will be able to come with you: 1 or 2. Attention! if you are not sure, please indicate the lower number (1).
Can I participate alone, without family members, in the second phase in Friuli Venezia Giulia?
- Indeed! If you passed the course of the first phase you are entitled to participate in the cultural stay in 2021 even if you are on your own.
How do I sign up? Are registrations accepted in order of submission?
The General Coordinators and the Efasce Secretariats will collect and send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Opening entries: 7 September 2020
* Closing of entries: 23 September 2020
- Efasce will allocate places for each Continent according to the requests by 25 September 2020
- The General Coordinators and the Efasce Secretariats will decide which individuals (and families) will participate in the project according to the places available for each Continent and the date of registrations: by 2 October 2020.
- Starting date of the course: 5 October 2020;
- Entry form here: https://forms.gle/XEVKN4PeSuvpSk738
Do I have to pay for the first stage course?
No, the Italian language course is free, supported by the Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia.
Do I have to pay for the second phase in the FVG region?
- The costs of the round trip to Pordenone will be covered by the participants;
- The full stay with board, lodging, transport and guided tours of all participants in the second phase is covered by Efasce, supported by the Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia.
For further information:
- Please send questions and requests exclusively by email to email@example.com through your Secretariat.